COVID-19 Updates and Announcements
SKU2U Fulfillment remains dedicated to the safety and health of our employees, customers, clients, vendors and friends. During the COVID-19 outbreak, SKU2U Fulfillment will be implementing all recommendations and directives from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and will be closely monitoring all press releases from the White House, Texas Governors Office and City of Fort Worth.
ACTIVITIES BY CATEGORY AT SKU2U AND THEIR CURRENT STATUS
Receiving of Inventory - Status: Delays expected - Please see update from 03/23/2020 below for details
Order Downloads - Status: Normal
Shipping Label/Packing Slip Production - Status: Normal
Inventory Shopping/Allocation - Status: Normal
Order Production (Pick Pack Process) - Status: Normal
Box Sealing - Status: Normal
Box Palletization - Status: Normal
Inventory Transfer to Carrier - Status: Normal
UPDATE AS OF 03/24/2020 12:10PM CDST
RE: TARRANTY COUNTY EXECUTIVE ORDER ISSUED ON 03/24/2020
Tarrant County Judge B. Glen Whitley has just published and Executive Order that affects all businesses and people residing in Tarrant County. All SKU2U operations reside within the City of Fort Worth and the county of Tarrant County. As SKU2U Fulfillment resides within the jurisdiction of this order, we have reviewed the order carefully and have concluded that SKU2U Fulfillment is considered "Essential Business" as indicated in the following portions of the Executive Order:
- Order 15 Sub-section "d" defining Essential Business
- Article iv (4) describing Essential Retail:
- Businesses not open to the public that ship or deliver groceries, food, good or services directly to residences
- Businesses that supply products needed for people to work from home, including businesses providing mail and shipping and post office box
- Article vi (6) describing Essential Services Necessary to Maintain Essential Operations of Residences or Other Essential Businesses:
- Mail and Shipping Services
- Warehouse/Distribution and Fulfillment".
Therefore, SKU2U Fulfillment and its employees will continue operations under the Essential Business standards that have been set in the Executive Order.
UPDATE AS OF 03/23/2020 11:40AM CDST
RE: REVISED RECIVING PROCEDURES AFFECTING LTL, FULL TRUCKLOAD AND SMALL PARCEL RECEIPTS AT SKU2U FULFILLMENT
SKU2U Fulfillment is announcing a temporary change to our standard receiving process and practices that will remain in affect during the COVID-19 outbreak. This change is in direct action and related to a study published by the National Institutes of Health and republished by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). The study finds that it is possible for the COVID-19 Virus to be detectable on Cardboard Surfaces for up to 24 hours. It also found that the virus is detectable for up to two to three days on plastics and stainless steel.
SKU2U Fulfillment is basing our decision to adjust receiving timeframes due to the fact that just about ALL LTL and FTL shipments arriving at SKU2U are Pallets containing Cardboard; however, are “Pallet Wrapped” with a Plastic Wrap. In an abundance of caution to our employees and their safety, SKU2U will immediately be implementing the following receiving procedural changes:
During this change, receiving’s will be classified in 3 different categories:
- Full Truckload (Sealed Truck) Deliveries:
- Receiving of Full Truckload Inventory and Materials where a Truck has been SEALED from the manufacturers origin point and has traveled for a minimum of 72 hours:
- The Full Truckload (FTL) will be accepted as normal, without delay, SO LONG AS the FTL driver does not assist or touch the pallets being offloaded from the truck.
- Normal Receiving Activities will take place.
- Receiving of Full Truckload Inventory and Materials where a Truck has been SEALED from the manufactures origin point and has traveled for less than 72 hours:
- The Full Truckload (FTL) will be quarantined in a designated space in our warehouse until the Pallets have reached a minimum of 72 hours from the time the shipment left the manufacturers point of origin.
- Receiving activities will take place upon the expiration of 72 hours after departure from manufacturers origin.
- LTL (Less-Than-Truckload) Deliveries:
- Receiving of Less-Than-Truckload inventory and Materials where a Truck has not been sealed, and there is no timeframe of the last “touch” by the driver:
- The LTL shipment will be quarantined in a designated space in our warehouse for 72 hours before receiving activities will take place.
- Receiving activities will take place upon completion of the 72 hour quarantine.
- Small Parcel Deliveries (including Returns):
- Receiving of Cardboard Small Parcel Deliveries (including Client Returns) will be quarantined for 24 hours from the receipt from the small parcel carrier (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, AMAZON or any other Small Parcel Carrier).
- Return process (induction into WMS and inventory replenishment) will take place upon completion of the 24 hour quarantine period.
- Receiving activities will take place upon the completion of the 24 hour quarantine period.
The only exceptions to the receiving practices above will be for the receipt of Sanitization, Personal Protective Gear and other items SKU2U has deemed necessary to keep our employees’ health at the forefront.
These items arriving at our warehouse will go through a 1-hour quarantine after being sprayed with the limited amount of sanitation spray we have available to us at this point in time.
Please know that SKU2U Values our client relationships and understands the need for your business to operate as smoothly and as normal as possible during this unprecedented time. The Management and Employees at SKU2U are, and will continue, to do everything possible to keep our clients orders moving, inventory flowing and will exhaust every effort to keep your shipping needs operating as close to normal as possible.
We do understand that this decision to adjust our receiving practices may seem less than ideal. SKU2U did not come to this decision lightly. The implementation of this measure is being made in an abundance of caution to our Employees and their Safety.
We thank you all for your understanding, and please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
UPDATE AS OF 03/22/2020 7:50PM CDST
RE: SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER ISSUED BY DALLAS COUNTY
The "Shelter In Place" order issued by Dallas County currently has no affect on SKU2U Fulfillment or our normal operations. As of this update, most operations continue as normal.
SKU2U Fulfillment is considering process and procedure changes related to our Receiving Process that will be announced Monday, March 23rd by the end of the business day. If our receiving process changes result in any business delay, SKU2U will update this website as well as email our clients to announce the changes.
UPDATE AS OF 03/17/2020 12:57PM
Currently, SKU2U is experiencing normal operations and productivity. The productivity process at SKU2U is broken down into the following main categories:
- Order Downloads
- Shipping Label/Packing Slip Production
- Inventory Shopping/Allocation
- Order Production (Pick Pack Process)
- Box Sealing
- Box Palletization
- Inventory Transfer to Carrier
The changes below that have already been implemented have not affected our production timeframes. If new changes are required and production timeframes are affected, this website will be updated as well as email notifications to affected clients will be sent.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, SKU2U has made the following changes to our normal daily production and business practices:
- Our offices are closed to in-person meetings from outside sources. This includes Clients, Vendors, Customers and Friends.
- This does not affect deliveries by courier, small parcel carriers and client carriers. However, during this time, anyone delivering to our Front Office will remain in the enclosed area and will be speaking through a glass barrier with our front office staff. Sign in/out sheets have been moved to the front lobby.
- Office staff whose functions require their presence at SKU2U Facilities have been reorganized to allow for the 6 feet of social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
- Office Staff who are capable of performing their functions from home will be working from home and only in office on an “as-needed” basis.
- Luckily, SKU2U had ample supply of Hand Sanitizers, Surface Cleansers, Soap and other cleaning supplies. Hand Sanitizers have been strategically placed around both office and warehouse locations to allow employees the ability to sterilize their hands.
- The biometric Clock-in/Clock-out process was suspended and replaced yesterday with a more sterile barcode scan method.
- Warehouse production processes have been revised to maintain distance between employees of 6 feet or greater to the extent possible.
- All Warehouse Electronic Devices are being sanitized twice per day and have been assigned to individual users.
- Human Resources is providing daily updates on CDC/WHO Recommendations to employees immediately upon them being released.
- Touch Points (door handles, toilet handles, production tables, etc) are being sanitized several times throughout the day.
- SKU2U will be limiting our outside assistance as it relates to temporary employee agencies until further notice. Only active temporary employees will continue to report to SKU2U Fulfillment.
- If the need arises for us to add additional temporaries (which is currently not expected), we will discuss with Human Resources and the temporary agencies additional onboarding procedures to protect our workforce and employees.